Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Tamron 100-400...

So I sold my Tamron 150-600 and bought the Tamron 100-400. It’s a bit smaller and lighter and easier for me to walk around with. I usually take it with me when I walk Roxie in the morning. You never know what you’ll see.

So this morning I had it with me and saw a female cardinal in a tree off the walking path. Now, I’m not a bird photographer. Have never gotten a good photograph of any kind of bird. Anyway, I zoomed out to 400mm and took a few photographs changing the angle to try to get a shot of the cardinal without tree branches in the way. I thought it was to far away to get a decent image.

Here’s the full frame image. The camera was a Nikon D7500, a 1.5 crop sensor body making the 400mm the equivalent of a 600mm on a full frame body.


And here is a cropped version. I am amazed at the sharpness of not only the lens but the cropped image as well.


So I guess this lens is a keeper.

“It’s a good day to shoot.”




No comments:

Post a Comment