Friday, February 2, 2024

Books, Books, and more Books…

 Some time ago I created a PDF book of my trip to Washington, DC, with World War Two, Korean War, and Viet Nam War veterans to visit the various memorials. I went along as a photographer to document the trip. I created the book using Lightroom’s Book feature and had a copy printed using Blurb. Some time later I created the PDF book and uploaded it to my Google Drive and made it available to anyone with the link.

Subsequently, I created several more PDF books on various topics: Musicians I photographed when I lived in Arkansas, some macro photographs both film and digital, photographs of Pelicans, photographs of the Heron at Manchester Meadows Park, photographs of the Northern Mockingbird, and finally a very personal memoir of the last three months of my father’s life.

All of the later books were created using Apple’s Pages app on my iPad. It’s a very easy and nice way to make my photography available to friends and family without the expense of having to purchase a copy. A couple of years ago I gave a presentation to The Rockford Photo Club (Rockford, Illinois) on my process of created a PDF book using Pages.

All of the books are in a folder on my Google drive and you can access them by clicking here: PDF Books. Feel free to download any of the books. I hope you enjoy them.

Here are three of the book’s covers.





“Tri-X, f/8, and be there.“

No comments:

Post a Comment