Sunday, June 2, 2024

52 Photographs - Week 22

This week’s photograph is of a Mimosa tree. I’ve seen them around at Manchester Meadows Park. They are certainly beautiful. A friend called them an invasive plant. I don’t think I had ever seen one before so here is what I found out about them.

Albizia julibrissin, the Persian silk treepink silk tree, or mimosa tree, is a species of tree in the family Fabaceae, native to southwestern Asia and eastern Asia.


In the wild, the tree tends to grow in dry plains, sandy valleys, and uplands. It has become an invasive species in the United States, where it has spread from southern New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, west to Missouri and Illinois, and south to Florida and Texas.


I love the color contrast of this photograph, the pink contrasting with green along with the dark background. It almost looks like a fireworks display.




“Tri-X, f/8, and be there.”



No comments:

Post a Comment