Sunday, July 7, 2024

52 Photographs - Week 27

This week’s favorite photograph is of two turtles sunning themselves at the Manchester Meadows Park pond. I’ve been going to the park almost every morning for the past year to walk Roxie and this was the first time I’ve seen turtles there. I’m guessing it’s because the water level is low enough to expose the stone object on which they are sunning themselves.

This photograph was taken with my Olympus OM-1 and the Leica DG Vario-Elmer 100-400mm at 400mm. ISO 800, 1/320 at f/8. 

I also used the 2X Digital Teleconverter and cropped the image by about 45%. The Olympus Digital teleconverter doubles your focal length on your lens. In this example I was zoomed out to 400mm and when choosing the 2X digital teleconverter it made it a 800mm focal length. It’s amazing what the Olympus OM-1 can produce.


“Tri-X, f/8, and be there.“




No comments:

Post a Comment